PM Series PH Type
Helical wormgear unit available in six unit sizes up to 45kW capacity. Gear unit ratio range up to 300:1 and up to 22,000:1 if combined with other Renold helical gear products.
- "Rapid Response" lead times on standard product - available from stock components
- Variable mounting - design flexibility
- High torque unit - compact design
- Robust construction - suitable for heavy duty applications
- Adaptability - ideal for hostile environments
- Innovative design - allows modular extension of power ratio range
- Motorised and speed reducer versions
- Long life synthetic lubrication
- Hollow output shaft design for direct shaft mounting
- Single and double extension plug-in output shaft for many design options
- Speed reducer version available for drives requiring free standing gear unit only
- Modular design to allow flange mounting of other Renold gear units increasing ratio and torque capacity range
PM series - PH type - Product Features
- Unique Holroyd tooth form for maximum torque capacity and optimum efficiency.
- Sprag clutch backstop option to prevent drive reversal.
- Heavy duty taper roller bearings fitted for maximum load capacity and long life.
- One piece close grained cast iron gear case for strength and absorption of vibration for quiet running.
- Accepts standard IEC and NEMA motors, B5 and B14 flanges.
- Hardened and profile ground helical gears for quiet running and high efficiency.
- Hollow output sleeve with electron beam welded bronze wormwheel rim for high security under shock load conditions.
The PM series, PH type unit has been designed and built to a modular form to allow the combination of other Renold products to extend the torque, ratio and speed range.